Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Live in Athens: The Georgia Bulldogs Return to the Practice Field


By Dan Harralson

The Georgia Bulldogs returned to the practice field today after being rained out yesterday. Coach Richt had the Bulldogs in full pads for about 2 1/2 hours. The Bulldogs are allotted 29 fall camp practices and today was number 14. After seeing the team in pads, I personally believe this is the best team besides Alabama playing in the SEC. Here are some quotes from today's practice:

"We've got some guys slated as starters right now like (Akeem) Dent, Ben Jones and Cordy Glenn," Richt said. "I told the other guys who are getting reps right now to show your coach you're ready to play. We want to play multiple players."

"Practice today I thought was good. We worked hard. We're getting better. We've cut down on our penalties. We've still got a couple of dumb ones here and there, but I think the guys understand what we want."

"I mentioned to the players that I thought we were basically at the midway point in camp and from I've seen I believe we can have a pretty good team," Richt said.