Sunday, January 31, 2010

Tebow's last impression before April's NFL Draft


By Dan Harralson

The story lines throughout the week portrayed Tim Tebow, mostly. It was a meaningless game yesterday, but a lot was at stake for many of these young individuals whom are about to begin their journey as a professional football player. Tim Tebow entered the game having strep throat throughout the week and also having to be hospitalized. If that was not enough, Tebow had to manage through the talk about how or if he can be a NFL quarterback. Naturally his response: "I believe in myself, I believe in my ability and my ability to work hard. So I feel with those things I can be an NFL quarterback." Tebow answered on the field with two fumbles, 8-12 passing for 50 passing yards, and 4 rushing yards on 4 rushes. Tebow commented on his Senior Bowl performance, "I think I'm definitely open to improving my fundamentals. I think I definitely showed that by being here. If you just watch the way I played, you could see there is room for improvement and what I need to work on." The North went on to win the 2010 Senior Bowl 31-13.